Inspired by a tweet from Jenna Drenten, I have decided to add a Work-Life Balance section to this website. This page is a work in progress, like the rest of the site, but it serves as a reminder to all of us that self care is important and hobbies are fun.
1. I read a lot, obviously. I have a Goodreads account, feel free to add me as a friend to see what I’ve been reading.
2. I regularly make books. Maybe I will post samples someday, but right now I’m in a semester-long book arts and letterpress class and I’m enjoying every minute of it.
3. I love chess. I’m not particularly good at it, but it’s fun to watch and most of my family plays competitively!
4. I play the alto balalaika! I’m in the UW Russian Folk Orchestra and we are very good.
5. I’m very invested in Wisconsin-based sports teams.
6. I enjoy traveling and camping and swimming and “being active”, but I regularly binge watch movies on my couch, too.
7. See my Instagram for other things I’m doing, because work is great, but so are hobbies.